Wednesday, October 24, 2012

This is my first tutorial so bear with me.  I was asked to do a tutorial for Bugaboo Stamps.  I made this card that holds a tag for a note from you and a bag of Hot Chocolate.  Now after looking at this tutorial if you have any questions at all go ahead and email to the right side of my blog.

This is the outside of the card.
 The tag is pulled out a little.
Then is the slot for the Hot Chocolate bag.
What you need:
1 Piece of 12x12 paper - double sided
1 Piece of 12x12 paper solid to go with your double sided paper
Small piece of white to write your message on
Ribbon
Circle punch (1 1/4 inches)
Any do dads you want to add.  I used buttons, jewels
Hot Chocolate packages I used Nestle with Mini Marshmallows
Oh yeah, and a totally adorable image!  I used Girl Gingerbread - Cocoa

Instructions:
Cut double sided designer paper  -
 5 1/2 X 10
5 1/4 X 4 1/2
5 X 4 1/4
3 1/4 X 4 3/4
1 1/2 X 4 1/4
Scrap used for circle punches

Cut matching cardstock
8 1/2 X 8 1/2
3 1/2 X 2 3/4
The score lines are the dotted lines.

Score designer paper at
4 3/4 and 5 1/4
Score cardstock at
4 and 8  then turn your paper score at
4 and 4 1/2

Crease all your scored lines.  The designer paper is your card outside.

I am going to make another card and show you the process with different paper.  Here is the designer paper all cut, scored, and folded.
We are going to assemble the card front first.  The 1st layer is the piece that is 4 1/2 X 5 1/4.  Flip that piece over so the other side of the paper is not the top.  Layer the 2nd piece, the 4 1/4 X 5, on top of that one.  Then the piece we cut that is 1 1/2 X 4 1/4 needs to also be flipped this piece will be layered in the middle.
I then tied some fun ribbon around the middle.  Layered my image and popped it up.  Go ahead at this time and add all the fun things you have chosen to go on your card front.  

Then go ahead and glue this to the card base.

Now lets work on the inside of the card.  The piece of cardstock you cut at 3 1/2 X 2 3/4 is for the tag.  Lay that one aside with the other tag part.  Put 2 sided tape on the scored 1/2 inch. 
 
 Fold the cardstock on the center score mark and adhere the end together to make a tube looking piece. 
 
 Then fold the cardstock on the other score marks.  Use 2 sided tape again on the fold.  Then place the cardstock piece inside the card.  I then punched two holes to run ribbon through. 
 
 You can tie a bow on the outside of the card with that ribbon or tie a candy cane with the ribbon.  That would be fun.

Now, lets do the tag.  I just cut the corners of the designer paper to make the tag base. 

Glue the cardstock piece on top of the tag, then the piece to write on.  I used a scrap of white 3 1/4 X 2 1/2.  Flip one of your circles over and glue it to the end of the tag.  Flip the tag over and glue the other circle to the one on your tag.  Then if you wish you can embellish the tag.  My snowflake is a button from Hobby Lobby.  Your tag is complete.  

You can slide the tag in the first or the second pouch - your choice.  Then the other pouch is for the Hot Chocolate bag. 
 Your project is done.  Hope you are happy with it and that I didn't loose you. =)  Remember any questions, just send me an email and I will try to help!  Have a great day!

4 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

GOSH Sarah, this is amazing and you are so very talented. Fab colours and papers too. A wonderful gift idea.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Spyder said...

fantastic papers, been meaning to make one of these, now I can!
(Lyn)

Lola said...

What a great gift-giving idea! Wonderful colors and love your coloring.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Sarah your tutorials are brilliant I hope you don't mind if I have a go. I have been looking at your work while I have been taking a break from blogging and it is all truly wonderful you are doing some awesome work.
hugs
lorraine x