Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Beach Time

It is a really warm one here in Iowa today so it would be a great day for the beach - but, Iowa and beaches don't really go together.  I made this fun shaped card today using the digital set from Doodle Pantry called Mini Summer Trio.  I used the lifesaver the other day now the shovel.  I use Microsoft Word to play with my digital images.  I enlarged the shovel to almost 5 1/2 inches tall.  I printed it on the sunburst paper.  I then flipped the image and printed it on heavy white cardstock.  I folded the white cardstock in the middle of the handle as you can see below.  So you can write your message on the inside of the large part of the shovel. 
The sentiment is also from the set and is being held on by a star paper clip.  I used the Copic marker YR18 to highlight what I was thinking would be the shadowed edges of the shovel.  This was so quick and easy to make. 
I would like to submit this card into these challenges:
Crafting for all Seasons - Don't be square
Fab 'n' Funky - Shaped card
Cards in Envy - Fun in the sun
My Craft Spot - Fancy edges
Perfectly Rustic - Sunburts

16 comments:

LisaM said...

Such a fun and cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Sarah, this card is pure genius. I thought for sure you had some fancy software and a Silhouette or other cutting machine. Beautiful card and so creative!

Joanna M. said...

Too cute Sarah!

Sharnee Torrents said...

Hello dear Sarah!
WOW heat.... sounds weird when we are in the middle of winter!! But the beach is fun anytime of the year and your Starburst spade is super cute!!! Thanks heaps for joining us at Perfectly Rustics!
SMiles Sharnee :)

Milnie said...

Such a fun card!! Love the bright colors you have used and the shape of your creations!

Carol said...

Such a fun idea. Thanks for not being square at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Shirley said...

What a fun shape for a card. Love it! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky.

Sandy Trefger said...

Love the idea of a fun beach shovel as a shaped card and that's it's A2 size and works for our challenge at Cards in Envy! Thank so much for sharing!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wonderful....did you cut this by hand? Spot on with the shadowing..you are great at that!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Super cute card! I would love to have you join us as a guest designer at My Craft Spot! Let me know if you are interested. :)

Kimberly
ktracy at nebo-tech dot com

Kate said...

Such a fabulous card! What a super design!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Dawn Frost said...

Sarah I've got to case this idea, so very cool! Thank you so much for sharing!

Annie S. said...

Wow! Are you kidding! I too thought you had a fancy schmancy cutting machine! You are sooo creative and thanks for sharing your ideas!

Kim Butterworth said...

Very Cute, love the star paper clip. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

Patricia Hays said...

What a fun and cute way to express our Cards in Envy theme of "Fun in the Sun"! Thanks for playing along with us! :)

wendipooh13 said...

your shovel is too cute!!! sooo glad you played along with Cards in Envy!!!!