Monday, June 2, 2014

Bug Me

I had a fun time cutting this card.  Well, it was cutting and cutting.  This cute bug is from Doodle Pantry.  The set is called Classic Bug and Gas Can.   I enlarged the bug to 5 1/2 inches to almost 3 1/2 inches.  I folded the base and left it attached together a little at the top.  I do with I would have left a little more space at the top.  You can see it in the picture below.  I then printed the bug on white, grey, orange, pink, and the designer paper with the flowers on it.  Then I started the cutting and layering on the base bug. Finally I added a little glitter on all the little flowers.
This is the inside of the bug card.  The sentiment is also from the digital set. 
I would like to submit this card into these challenges:
Cards In Envy - Feeling Buggy
Use Your Stuff - Designer Paper
Pile It On - Humor
The Squirrel and The Fox - For the Girls
Stampin' For The Weekend - For the Girls


16 comments:

Scrapenabler said...

Such a cute card! Love the bug and they way you layered it. That's a lot of cutting. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

Kelly L said...

Super cute image, super DP and well worth all that cutting!! :)

Sandy Trefger said...

Love your VW Bug shaped card! So cute and I love your paper choice and also that the card is still sized for an A2 envelope! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Dawn Frost said...

OMG so super cute! I remember seeing Bugs with flower stickers on them, lol! Fantastic card Sarah!

Sharla said...

This is just too cute and very clever!! Love the fun colors! thank you for joining us at Pile It On!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fantastic card. Sarah! You did a awesome job paper piecing the image. That's a lot of work, and the end results are well worth it... your bug is gorgeous!

Annie S. said...

Hi Sarah! You're right...great minds...! That's so funny but I LOVE your awesome bug and, wow, you put a lot of work into it! The shape and flowers are fantastic! Hugs, Annie

Joanna M. said...

Such a fantastic idea to enlarge the image and make it THE card! It made me smile too ... reminds me of Herbie, the Love Bug. You are so talented Sarah.

Glenda Atkins said...

FABULOUS Sarah and what a job of paper piecing. I am in awe, just love it!
hugs
Glenda

Cathy P said...

Saw your card in the Pile it On gallery and it caught my eye tight away. Love it! Great image and brilliant idea to make it card-size and create a shaped card with it!

Sherry Hickey said...

Your VW bug card is awesome and a keeper for sure!!

LisaM said...

So cute and fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Cards In Envy!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Your shape card is adorable! Love it! I need to go take a look at Doodle Pantry! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Michelle Looi said...

Very clever idea! And such sweet paper used on the bug!
Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff!

wendipooh13 said...

fun card and LOVE the sentiment inside!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards in Envy!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Sarah. This is absolutely the coolest bug I have seen! I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it!!!!