Friday, June 6, 2014

Father's Day Fishing

I made this card for my dad for Father's Day.  He loves to go fishing and will get a kick out of this card.  I used the set from Digital Delights called Gone Fishing.  The fish are from the Bucket of Fish and the hook is from the Bobber and Hook background. The pictures of the stamps are below.  I changed the size of the bucket image to get the different sizes of fish.  The whole fish is the one that is not in the bucket.  The half fish is the first fish head down in the bucket.  I then cut the hook out of the circle.  I stamped Dad on a piece of paper and tried to cut it out like a worm.  I already know my Dad's response - yep, the fish swim all around my worm.
I had no idea how to color the fish so I copied the colors of the Bucket of Fish colored stamp.  I also used my Atyou Spica Gold sparkly pen on the whole fish.  In person they have just a little sparkle - kinda like real fish.  I had so much fun making this card.
 

I would like to submit this card into these challenges:
Aud Sentiments - Any sentiment for a guy
CRAFT - Father's Day
CAS(E) - Sketch
Charisma Cardz - Father's Day
Delightful Challenges - All tied up
Crafters Cafe - Masculine
Fab 'n' Funky - Father's Day
Stampin' Royalty - Masculine
Cardz 4 Guyz - Father's Day
Cuttin' and Stampin' - Father's Day
Cutie Pie - Cute and Embossing

22 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love how you combined the images for a whole new look! What a creative way to use these sets. Super masculine card, Sarah!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a great card! Super fun take on the sketch!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Great card! Perfect for Father's Day! Thanks for joining us over at Cuttin' and Stampin'!

hugs,
JoAnn:)
http://joboogie.typepad.com

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely card and fab layout, thanks for joining and sharing your work with us at Cutie Pie challenge cheers Sue N x

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy

susiestacey said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Cutie Pies 'Emboss It' Challenge and good luck x Susan x

Cazro said...

Oh I so love your card, the colour of the fish is amazing. I think I would like your Dad, he sounds fun. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz, hope we see you again. Caz

Beccy said...

Fantastic man's card - love the fish - thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky

Beccy x

carol said...

Super card, perfect male card, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT x carol

Helen said...

Great card, just perfect for our 'One for the boys' challenge at Ruby's Rainbow. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

Vickie Y said...

Very creative! Love the images you used. Thank you for sharing with us at Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge.

Billie A said...

WOW I am loving this card and the layout of the fish and hook. Great look using glossy accents on the fish. Beautiful card. thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our any guy sentiment challenge.

JayBe said...

Love your fishing themed card - thanx for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Indy's Designs said...

Great use of that image! I love the texture and overall design! So glad you joined Cuttin' and Stampin's Father's Day Challenge! Hope you'll join us again this week!
Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Perfect Male Card. love the Details you have used. Great image.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons.
Hugs Elfie

Pat said...

Super male card, great images, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky. Good Luck.

Pat xx

Chrissy Larson said...

Super duper cute!

michele said...

Fabulous card Sarah! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, super image. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiment with our sentiment for a guy challenge hugs Tania xx (DT)

Julie said...

Wow you colored the fish perfectly! I also love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

~ginny said...

Congratulations on your win at Aud Sentiments!! Yours was one of my absolute favorites!
~ginny

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

You won aud sentiment challenge since the previous winner did not claim prize...so you be sure to go and. Liam prize...haha