Friday, August 15, 2014

Guest Designer at My Craft Spot - WooHoo!

WooHoo - exciting news today!  I was so shocked but excited to receive a message from Kimberly at My Craft Spot.  She asked me to be a guest designer.  How fun!!  I started immediately thinking of school starting.  My boys are grown up but I still remember all the excitement in our home at that time of the year.  I do have to say, there was more excitement the younger they were. =)  So in that line of thinking it came to, start of the year teacher gifts.  I went out on the web in search of ideas.  Something nice to give a teacher to start off the year right.  I found this pencil idea and fell in love with it for so many reasons.

First of all, it is full of chocolate.  Every teacher will need a little chocolate to start the year off right.  Also, it is a gift they can enjoy for a while and then it will be gone.  The pencil was only the start of the project.  I used the "Tiny Doilies 2" die set.  As you can see it is the perfect size for a tag on the pencil.  Then I used the "Stamping All Around Fall" stamp set.  The circle stamps fit perfectly inside the "Tiny Doilies 2" dies.  The books, apple letters, those stamps are separate from the circle so I changed them up and stamped them in the matching paper for the tag.  I just fell in love with these cuties.  The only problem is...making sure they get to the teachers.  =)  Happy crafting and again I thank Kimberly for the opportunity!

3 comments:

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Super cute treat packaging Sarah! Your kids'teachers will love them! Thanks so much for being a guest designer at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute project! I seen these a few times and decided to make a few myself...so cute and I am sure little ones and Teachers would love it! Great project! Congrat's on your GD spot at My Craft Spot!!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Karen Letchworth said...

Your project is ADORABLE! You've got me wanting to eat a pencil FOR SURE! SO fun. Thanks for sharing your talents. And congrats on your GT at The Craft Spot.
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - My Personal Blog